Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Smile**** CSI #162 ****Dusty Attic****

Hello,this is a LO I did for CSI #162. Dusty Attic is one of CSI sponsors for the month of May.

From the case file I used:metal,circles,stars,stripes,something transparent,swirls,ink,paint

On January 11th 2014,Erlendur was in a severe snowmoble accident leaving him with a traumatic brain injury. He had a few other injury's,including his fractured front tooth.When DD (nickname) started to come out of his Coma,his tongue went straight to this tooth. It was then that I felt DD knew himself & that tooth did not feel right. When the nurses,started to get DD out of bed,to go the bathroom,(he was still in space (brain fog)),he would look at himself in the mirror,at all different angles,looking at this tooth. He had such a confused look on his face,that I could not help but get the giggles. We live in a small town,200 hundred miles away from the City where DD was hospitalized. Siggi (his Dad),was at home & I was in the City with DD. Siggi is a Dentist,so when DD started to talk,& when Siggi would phone him,DD always asked Sig when he was going to fix his tooth. It got to the point,that I didn't know what Siggi,& DD thought was worse the Brain injury or the fractured tooth. As soon as we got home,I took this photo,as I knew that tooth, was going to be fixed the next day. It is a smile I will never forget,the smile that gave me hope....
The Dusty Attic used
String Frame set
String Frame Set
Cogs 1
Filmstrips small
Film Strips
Stars #3
Stars #3
Decorative Scroll #1
Decorative Scroll #1
Speech Bubbles
Speech Bubbles
Bookman ABC Set
Bookman ABC
mini ABC set upper
Mini ABC Upper
The Maja Design used:
King's square bs
Kings Square-BS
Veteran ships bs
Veteran Ship-BS
Sitting at the dock
Sitting at the dock

For the red used on the chipboard I used my wall paint,plus I applied a coat of clear crackle varnish. I used LuminArt' (Jasper Red)H20 over the crackle on the chipboard. The red was still a bit to bright,so I toned with wintermist gray H20,once the red had dried. I used this on all the chipboard in these LO's....I also inked the edges of the chipboard using a ink pad..I used distressed brushed pewter stain,paint & crackle on the rest of the chipboard.


Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such an amazing lay-out! As always your layering looks sensational!