Saturday, June 28, 2014

Create,Inspire ****Dusty Attic***

Hello,here is a canvas I made, using some of Dusty Attic's amazing chipboard pieces......

The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:
Seahorse #1
Seahorse#1 (DA0047)
Shells 6pk
Shells 6 pk:(DA0048)
Vintage Frame
Vintage Frame (DA0254)
Fancy Trim #3
Fancy Trim #3 (DA0469)
Flourish #8
Flourish #8 (DA0702)
Fish Net Panel
Fish Net Panel (DA0654)
Foliage (DA0506)
mini Words #3
mini words #3 (DA0477)

The Maja Design used:

Ska vi ta en fika
From the Fika Collection I used: Soders hojder-BS, Mandelka-BS,
From the Vintage Autumn Basics I used:No.VIII-BS, No.XII-BS, No XIV-BS,No.XI, &No.XV
Here are some closeups of detail:
A close up showing,the seahorse (I did a simple tut at the end of this post). I cut holes in the paper,distressed the edges,then glued the fish net in between 2 pieces of paper. I then hand stitched,the piece together. Once I completed my hand stitching I weaved the tread through the stitches,then added some beads.I painted on some Viva Modeling Cream (Champagne) onto the fish net & glued on some more seed beads...
I painted the frame,trim,flourish,foliage,& mini words with a coat of clear rock candy crackle & once that dried I applied a coat of LuminArte' Stargazer....I used the Stargazer on all the chipboard,but on the Seahorse I applied the LuminArte' then the crackle,I am amazed how the color changed so much, by doing the opposite!! 
The netting used is from some old Halloween decorations....
Shows distressed layers of paper & layers of chipboard....
The mauve flowers are prima & the blue are Kaiser Craft...

This is how I achieved the Seahorse....
I used the Seahorse & a seashell. I drew on the seashell....

I then painted both pieces with LuminArte (Stargazer)
Once the LuminArte dried I applied liquid pearls. I used platinum & lavender lace....
I then applied a thick coat of  clear rock candy crackle.I let that dry,then sprayed it with 2 coats of acrylic sealer,because what ever is in the LuminArte,makes the crackle want to lift,but also gave the Seahorse a scaley look,that I you really need to spray on a sealer,or you will loose all the crackle.I then inked the edges,&added bling & pearls. This is the first one I did for another project,that I will be sharing soon. I like this one better,but I ran out of the crystals I used on this one.
Thank you so much for taking the time to look.....Rachelle

Love You ****Dusty Attic****

Hello,today I am here to share with you a LO I did using some of Dusty Attics Fun,New Releases..
The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:
Love this, Love that arrows
Love this,Love that arrows (DA1074)
Number Grid small
Number Grid small (DA1071)
Number Panel small
Number Panel Small (DA1051)
Number Border #1
Number Border #1 (DA1049)
String of Hearts Frame set
String of Hearts Frame set (DA1017)
Filmstrips small
Filmstrips small (DA0935)
mini Chicken Wire
mini chicken wire (DA0788)
Teeny Tiny ABC set
Teeny Tiny ABC (DA0983)
Dusty in Colour Faded Denim
Dusty in Colour Faded Denim (DA0913)
Dusty in Colour Sunshine
Dusty in Color (Sunshine) DA0905)
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear crackle Varnish (DA0900)
Dusty in Colour Navajo White
Dusty in Colour Navajo White (DA0903)

I used the Vintage Spring Basic Collection from Maja Design.
From the Vintage Spring Basics I used,1st of March,3rd of April,3rd of April BS,6th of March,2nd of April,5th of April,5th of April-BS & a BS of a Label
 Here are some close ups of detail....

I left some of the chipboard raw,except for inking the edges using a brown ink pad,to bring out the brown in the paper....
On the rest of the chipboard I altered,by painting one # denim,then the next yellow.I then stamped them using the opposite colour. Once that dried I applied a coat of crackle, I let the crackle dry,then rubbed in some white paint,using my finger to tone down the color. I then inked all the edges of the chipboard,using a brown ink pad...

The flowers used are from Petaloo...

Thank you so much for taking the time to look...Rachelle