Friday, November 14, 2014

Let it Snow ***7 Dots Challenge Oct-Nov****

Hello,here is a LO I did for the 7 Dots Oct-Nov Challenge,using texture. It is a LO I did,without having my photo,& as I needed the snow!!!! So that is how I came up with the title!!! This year instead of throwing out all of my flowering cabbages, I saved them & made Winter Gardens,combining them with pine.As you can see,we got some snow,so I was to complete my LO...

http://7dotsstudio.com/archives/17418
For Texture,I used distressed paper layers, using 7 Dots Cold Country Collection,White Corrugate Paper, Hand Stitching,Burlap that I painted with gesso,chipboard,flowers,micro beads,seed beads,white sand texture paste,clear crackle paint,white crackle paint,lace,glitter,

I used the 7 Dots Cold Country Collection

Freezing Tears
Freezing Tears
Forgotten
Forgotten
Elements 6x12
Elements 6x12

The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:

Image 1
Decorative Frame #1 (DA0207)
Snow Flakes (DA0501)

mini ABC upper (DA0861)
Image 1
Rustic Farm Fence (DA0855)
Image 1
Wagon Wheels (DA0697)
Image 1
Branches 6pk( DA0376)
Image 1
mini branches (DA0439)
Image 1
Wattle Blossom (DA0752)
Image 1
Bookman ABC set (DA0666)
Dusty in Bloom Wild Moss (DA0804)
Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish
Other products used: the plum flowers are Prima, Prima texture paste,white sand,clear crackle & white crackle,Art sugar,white, glass beads crystal ( I am sorry that I did not order the mica flakes,but I have now!!!),Prima Lace,Prima Metal,Plum Color wash,Fancy Pants White Corrugate Paper,Tim Holtz Die,Festive Greenery,Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist

Here are some closeups of detail.....

I loved the 7 Dots paper,as was,so all I did was apply clear crackle,were Finn already had used the crackle.Using white Corrugate Paper,I played with color,then a coat of clear crackle & glitter,as shown in the 2nd last layer on the bottom. I also applied some white sand texture paste & more glitter......
For the tile I used winter pine TA,& Wild plum color wash,I then applied a coat of crackle. Once the crackle dried I dry brushed on some gesso to bring out the cracks & to tone down the color. I also applied white sand texture paste & glitter to the top. I applied clear crackle to the fence,wagon wheels decorative frame& branches. Once the crackle dried I brushed on some cinder TA,removed the excess,let dry,then dry painted on some gesso. I also applied the white sand texture paste onto the top of the wagon wheel,decorative frame & branches....
I used Cinder TA,on the chicken wire,glued it down,then glued some crystal glass beads into the chicken wire. I used Cinder TA on the stem of the wattle blossom. I stained the blossoms with wild plum,then a coat of clear varnish,sprinkled on glitter & micro beads while the varnish was wet. Once that had dried I applied white sand texture & glitter....
The plum flowers are prima & the green flowers under are DA,I glued the 2 together to make them look like the cabbages,then applied white sand texture ....I used white crackle on the snow flakes....


On the lower photo,I dipped burlap string into gesso that is in the tags...& painted the burlap with gesso,that is behind the photo....

Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle


6 comments:

  1. I am amazed by your talent for details!! Thank you for sharing!! I continue to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning details and textures! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond beautiful.. so much to see on your layout, so beautiful.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing work!!!! very beautiful! Thanks for playing with 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout!
    Thank You for joining our challenge at 7 Dots Studio this month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachelle, I just love your stockings so much, so being very cheeky can you tell me if you used a template and if so where you got it from? or have you designed it yourself? love love love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete