Saturday, April 29, 2017

Spoil Yourself ***Maja Design****

Hello, Rachelle here with my last LO, with Maja Design until October. I take the summer months off, to work or play, in our garden. In about 3 weeks, I should be able to start planting, plus I will be a grandmother, first grandchild, so it is going to be another, great, busy summer.....
The Maja Design used:http://majadesign.nu/products/
I Wish
I wish those memories will last
I wish those memories will last
Coffee in the Arbour
Smell of coffee - bs
Smell of Coffee-BS
The 49 and Market used: http://www.49andmarket.com/shop/
Rustic Collection
Rustic Melon And Burlap Bloom Mix RB 84307
Rustic Melon and Burlap Blooms
Rustic Medium Blooms & Rustic Green Blooms
Burlap Trim
The Dusty Attic used:http://www.dustyattic.com.au/
Anchors
Anchors
mini Seagulls
Mini Seagulls
Seagrass small
Seagrass small
Seagulls
Seagulls
Fish Net Panel
Fishnet Panel
String Frames small
String Frames small
Compass Rose
Compass Rose
Cogs 2
Cogs
Treat Box words - add on kit
Treat Box words
Wordpl@y #7
Wordpl@y #7
Other Elements used: corrugated paper, clear gesso, clear crackle, cloth covered wire, cheesecloth, sea shells, jump rings, Prills-A Penny Saved, Prima mini Art Stones, Tattered Angels-Aquamarine, LuminArt-Silks-Teal Zircon, Iridescent Copper, Iridescent Gold, Shimmerz-Butter Cream, Versa Mark-ink pad-Bark, Pebbles Metallic Chalks
Here are some close ups
My inspiration of the paper layers, came from the boat. I used the 2 sheets of the Maja papers, distressed the edges & used the corrugated paper in the layers. I rubbed in some of the pebbles metallic chalk, to deepen the color of the smell of coffee sheet. The corrugated paper was painted with the Teal Silk, then toned down with the Shimmerz Butter Cream....
I died the cheese cloth with the Tattered Angel- Aquamarine & used it in the flower clusters. In this cluster I used the 49 and Market Rustic Blooms, DA Seagrass, seashells, cloth covered wire
I primed all of the chipboard with clear gesso, & only used the clear crackle on the seagulls. For the cooper I rubbed on & inked the edges of the chipboard, with the bark- inkpad, then painted it with the iridescent copper. For the teal, I used the Teal Silk & toned it down with the Shimmerz- butter cream. Once the crackle dried on the seagulls, I painted them with white gesso, then the iridescent gold silk....
I cut the I wish sheet in three pieces, trimmed off a bit, to see the under layer. I distressed the edges & cross stitched these pieces together....

I glued the photo onto a piece a heavy cardstock, then onto the burlap trim & corrugated paper. I framed it with the DA String frame, that I wrapped around with the cloth covered wire & jump rings.
Here are a few more close ups...






Thank you so much for taking the time to look...Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment