Saturday, March 5, 2016

Snow Taffy ***Maja Design***

Hello, Rachelle here, with a Winter LO, using the Beautiful Home for the Holidays & Vintage frost Basics Collections. I love working on Winter LO's, even if it is not one of my favorite seasons. Our days are starting to get longer, & warmer, so Spring is in the air!!!
The Maja Design used:
Home-for-the-holidays-P
A real fellow
A real Fellow
Never to old bs
Never to old-BS
Celebration
Celebration
Diecuts
Die cuts
Frost-Basics-P
14th of December BS
14th of Dec-BS
The Dusty Attic used:
String Frames small
String Frames small
Snowflakes
Pine Sprigs
Pine Sprigs
Mini Holly #2  10pk
Mini Holly
mini Chicken Wire
mini chicken wire
Postage Stamps
postage stamps
Scallop Borders 4pk
Scallop Borders
mini ABC set upper
mini ABC upper
Here are some closeups...

On winter LO's I love to do lots of paper layers, just as you would bundle up to go outside. I always distress the edges, & Maja Papers are the softest, best quality papers, that distress beautifully....

I also did some hand stitching, & used some lace & chipboard in the layers...
I painted the chipboard with white crackle, then once the crackle dried,I applied snow texture, & glass glitter...


I love the postage stamps, on the die cut sheet. The flowers are petaloo, I also applied snow texture, & glitter on the flowers...


I was trying to achieve the crystal look, of the snow taffy, with the glass glitter...

Shows,glass beads glued into the chicken wire...



Shows Tim Holtz icicle, with glass glitter...
Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. Awesome use of your chipboard...Love this page...well love all your work as you know...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete