Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Simply Us***OUAS****(CSI#26)*** Scrap Fx***

Here is the LO I did playing with these amazing challenges!!!
The photo is a photo of my sister JoAnne's art.I am the oldest sibling of 5,there are 3girls & 2 boys in my family.JoAnne & I share the same birthday,we are a year apart.JoAnne was the artist in our family.She loved photography,working with charcoals,watercolors,acrylic& oils. At the age of 18 JoAnne was diagnosed with schizophrenia.For years JoAnne was able to cope,as she had strong family support & spent lots of time with me,my children & my dog.As my boys got older,they did not want to spend as much time with JoAnne,& she lost her passion of Art.10 years ago JoAnne took her life.I did not start scrapbooking until after JoAnne passed away,I never did anything artistic,except I had started gardening.I used JoAnnes photo's to decorate my scrapbooking room,& we would have had so much fun working together,& she would be happy that I found my creative side of my personality. Here are some closeups of detail.
I used Bo Bunny country garden & Scrap Fx wordlet Simply Us
Thank you for having a look.....Rachelle

15 comments:

  1. I just love the color scheme here- black and yellow are so chic! Always love your loads of distressing and beautiful elements- well done!

    Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute. I think she probably lives on through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I am speechless! This is such an amazing tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is simply breathtaking. I'm always amazed by all the beautiful details that I discover on your work! Thank you for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Rachelle.. adore all the beautiful layering and textures!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rachelle what a sad story. I know how hard it is to have a family member suffer from mental illness (one of my daughters) is bipolar. What a beautiful tribute for your sister! It's gorgeous and talent obviously runs in the family. I also use gardening as therapy. I have only seen bits and pieces of your garden but it looks stunning. Unfortunately here in Muskoka I am limited to what I can plant. All the flowers I love are for a more temperate climate! Hope to see more of your garden in the future and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your story is so sad and touching! you expressed your heart in this gorgeous project so beautifully! I truly adore what you created!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative! Love the fancy stitching and oval frame embellishment! Thanks for joining along with OUASC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing!! I am touched by your story and am so sorry for the loss of your sister, I can't even begin to imagine. How nice that you made such a glorious creation in her honor!! This is a true beauty with all the layers and stitching, nice job! Thanks for joining us at OUAS, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tribute to your sister is very touching. I lost a brother who was 16 months younger than me, he was 28. It is so hard to lose someone youre close to. Im sending prayers of comfort to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful touching layout, Rachelle. Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your layout !!! just stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of the layering and the flowers!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete